Formal diagnostic assessment
The assessment process is broken down in three parts, including information gathering, a multidisciplinary team meeting and feeding back the outcome.
1. Gathering information
Our comprehensive assessment process will explore your childhood development and current behaviours.
Specifically, our assessment will include:
- clinical interview with a significant other (e.g., a parent where possible) to explore your childhood and their current experiences
- self-report questionnaire to explore your perspective
- a meeting with you to complete the ADOS-2
- questionnaires to explore possible co-existing conditions
- a review of any relevant prior assessments and reports
2. Multidisciplinary team meeting
Once the assessment has been completed, the multidisciplinary team of professionals will meet to review the information gathered. They will confirm the outcome of the assessment in accordance with the diagnostic criteria for ASD, in line with the DSM5.
3. Sharing the outcome
Once the clinical team have finalised the assessment outcome, you will be invited to a feedback appointment with the lead clinician, after which you will receive a comprehensive diagnostic report, including recommendations.
Please contact us for further details on the assessment process.